Imagine sleeping peacefully and comfortably on your bed, the first image that pops up in the head is the comfort of the soft mattress.
Replay this in slow-mo: Laying down comfortably on the feather-touch soft mattress sinking in, along with the motion of your body.
How does it feel? Perfectly Peaceful right?
We spend our life’s most precious moments of sleep on a mattress, hence choosing the right mattress is very important and never a cakewalk. If you do not choose a mattress according to your sleeping pattern and habits, it could play up with your health badly. So, follow this step-by-step guide to know more about choosing the right mattress for you.
1. Do your Research:
First things first, you should know what you are investing in. Check all the options available, the terms of the warranty period and the material. Make a thorough research before choosing a mattress. Ideally, a well-kept mattress lasts for 7-8 years and should be replaced after that period.
2. Know your Sleeping Position:
This is one of the most important steps of choosing a mattress for you. A right mattress should embrace your sleeping position in a way that you sleep without any scooching. This interlinks to the firmness level you want in the mattress. Debunk the myth that states that the firmer the mattress the better it is.
- If you sleep on your back, you need firmness and support. The mattress should not be too soft for you to sink. Go for a medium level firm mattress.
- If you sleep on the side of the bed, your body pressure is heavily dominated on one side. You should look for a softer mattress with a good distribution of pressure. This will ensure comfort and no pain in the hips and shoulders.
- If you sleep on the stomach, you apply most pressure on the torso so go for a medium level firm mattress to avoid problems in the spine.
3. Material Matters:
You got to dive into the different types of material available to choose the right one for you. I will talk about the three most common and popular types:
You can save some cost by getting the best quality mattress on rent. Get Single Pocket-Spring Mattress/ Compact size Coir Mattress/ Double Size Mattress at best rates. You can even rent affordable bed packages and get complementary mattress with it.
Mattresses are of different sizes. You can get Single, Compact, Queen and Double sized mattress on rent from us. Decide according to the size of the bed and the space needed.
5. Weight of the Body:
The weight of the body determines the pressure we are putting on the mattress hence we need to choose accordingly. This will help us in maintaining a healthy sleep routine.
- If your weight is less than 150 pounds, prefer a softer mattress that gives you a better base to sleep on.
- If your weight is between 150-200 pounds, you can either choose a medium-firm or medium soft mattress depending upon your sleeping position.
- Lastly, if you are weight is above 200 pounds, prefer a firm mattress for stronger support and minimal conforming.
In my opinion, sleep cannot be compared to a budget. Health should never be compromised, it is the ultimate wealth. But still, you need to weigh different options to avoid overspending. Spring Mattresses are least costly followed by Coir, Foam and most expensive being hybrid mattresses.
These are the few steps you need to keep in mind while choosing the right mattress for you. If you are still confused whether or not it is time to change your mattress, read this: When to Change Your Mattress? Top 5 warning signs it is time
GrabOnRent is always there for you in your rental journey today and tomorrow. You can own happiness by renting everything.