Moving to a new city? Going to live alone for the first time? It can be very overwhelming to move to a new city. New house, unknown people, unknown location, transport, maybe a new language, etc. With lots of thoughts and anxiety about moving and setting up the new life, it can be a little scary.
But people are same throughout the world, the only thing that changes is the language and the location so, don’t worry, it’s not very difficult to cope up with the pacing life of the new city.
There are lots of ways one can eliminate this anxiety of moving to a new city or living alone.
Here are some ways to win over the anxiety issues for a new city.
- If you are worried about the house, you are going to live in? It is recommended to go for a flat on a sharing basis. Now, you get fully furnished houses on sharing basis with amenities. This is the help as there will be someone around you with whom you can talk to and with that, you have a good chance of making friends.
- If you want to live alone, and you need to furnish your house, then check out GrabOnRent. A very useful platform to rent furniture and appliances. Though it cannot fill the shoes of your parents, but surely can give you that little extra comfort, without having to compromise your lifestyle.
- The next thing you need to do is make a few friends. Go ahead, strike-up a conversation with some colleagues in the office or some fellow mates in the college or maybe someone living around you. Get to know the people.
- Take some time out of your schedule, be it work or studies, and go out to explore the new city. It is best if you take a friend with you or else if you are adventurous enough then go alone and check out the best places in the city.
- If you’re a beer-gulper, check out the pubs in the city. Cities like Bengaluru, Hyderabad, Mumbai and NCR have some fantastic ones. And if you are a foodie, then check out the restaurants or street food depending on your preference of food.
- Some people like visiting malls. Malls and multiplexes are the place where one can find the good crowd. Go for a shopping or watch a movie. This will help you blend in to your surrounding and you would not feel so different from the people around you.
- If the city you are living in has a different language than your own, then it’s better to learn some phrases which can do your basic conversation. Or it would be much easier to find people who communicates in the same language as you do.
So, don’t be afraid of the changes you encounter. Embrace and enjoy the new swings offered by the new city and keep calm.
GrabOnRent is a Bangalore-based startup that provides a wide rang e of products across categories. Rent furniture, appliances, fitness equipment and lots more!