Furniture – presents you to the world, without a word spoken! With lifestyles upgrading to newer levels every year, it’s the trendy furniture that brings the spotlight on you, be it in office or among families, respect and esteem reaches to newer heights, once you stock in the best goods at home
Once, you have realized that buying furniture is a dead investment, the next best option which often comes with a dilemma is to go for refurbished furniture. That too comes with its fare-share of hassles and insecurities. Second-hand furniture while being light on the pockets raise tremendous questions about the quality, past usage, and hygiene of the product.
Given in the world we live in today, a third option has been gaining momentum, rent furniture. With increasing trends of job hopping and city-hopping, amongst the millennials, today renting furniture, home appliances, vehicles and many more items are easily accessible on rent.
Be it second-hand furniture, or furniture that is rented, both have their own set of pros and cons. Here, we have tried to ease out that prominent decision, so as to help you choose the right one!
- For the Environmentalists, it’s a great way to recycle goods.Smile 🙂
You just did the earth a favor by reusing those old used pieces of furniture, preventing them from filling up spaces in the junkyards.
- If you find the second-hand furniture in good condition, you can buy them at a nominal price, with the risk of a substandard product. Remember most people don’t sell out their old stuff until it’s completely useless or has lost its shine. If you are going to be spending, maybe half the price for it, know that it’s never going to be worth it.
- It’s going to be a hassle-filled experience to set that second-hand furniture into your home, be it the transport charges and the labor required.
- When buying second hand used products from online portals, you barely know the person selling goods. With interactions limiting to a couple of conversations. There are high chances of you getting easily misled. Moreover, stringent policies will make life no less easy for you in such scenarios.
- Once bought you can never return or refund the product.
- You could be the best caretaker of the furniture, maybe even have it polished to ensure longevity. But, there is no historical knowledge how well it was looked after by previous owners.
At the end of it, a second-hand car might also work but never the same with furniture.
- The biggest advantage of renting furniture is that you can get a fully furnished apartment within two days. All of it at a cost of a bed set or sofa set.
- Best of all: you get to experience and live the latest trends in town.
- Every penny you shell out has double the worth it – very low prices for the best and new furniture
- Maintenance is the last thing you ever need to worry about. When you rent anything from GrabOnRent, we assure you the complete maintenance of it.
- Schedule the delivery of your products as per your convenience, so that you don’t have to make the hard compromises.
- You never have to worry about the condition of the product or the previous users. All our products go through a rigorous quality check procedure to ensure the furniture completely free of any damage.
- When moving to a new city or locality, all you need to think about the new beginning that awaits you. We take care of all the hassles you face when moving to a new home.
- It takes a high level of commitment to maintaining the ever-growing list of happy customers. We ensure you the best experience of a wide range of furniture and home appliances, at the lowest prices ever!
So given the best insights into both: Second-hand furniture and Rented Furniture, which one would you prefer?
GrabOnRent is a Bangalore-based product rental startup that helps you rent furniture, home appliances, bikes and much more!