We all know someone who’s a fitness freak or an exercise junky, but that person is an outlier. Did you know that India is the third most obese country in the world? Yeah, I know, it’s a shocker!
Studies have shown that around 90% of Indians don’t get the recommended amount of exercise. Maybe it’s because we’re lazy or maybe it’s just that exercising isn’t fun or is too tiring. According to the study, two and a half hours of physical activity per week is all we need to stay fit. That’s less than 30 minutes of exercise each day. With New Year around the corner, it’s time we make a resolution to become healthier and more active.
Exercise is not generally viewed as a fun activity. Lack of time or money, poor weather, or fatigue are general reasons or rather excuses, cited for not exercising. After all, who wouldn’t prefer popping open a beer or binge-watching a TV show? Well if you’ve read this far, you must want to bring about a change! So without further ado, let’s see how can we trick ourselves out of our lazy lifestyles to get fit.
Here’s how I trick myself into working out 5 or sometimes 6 days a week. Some of them may seem silly but, trust me, they work!
1. For people who think that time is a constraint, here’s a quick trick. I simply remember that 30 minutes is just 10 minutes multiplied by 3 which means that you don’t have to give up half an hour at a time, but can exercise for just 10 minutes three times in the day. Split your workout into small segments and you’ll almost forget it’s called a WORKout.
2. For people who can’t go for a walk in the morning, it’s okay. I know that it’s hard to get up early and go for a walk. So here’s a simple solution. Give a phone call to a friend, a loved one, or a family member and strike up a conversation. Once you have started a conversation, just step out of the house and start walking. Trust me, you won’t even notice how time goes by. Before you know it, you would have walked for more than 30 minutes.
3. Music can be a great motivator. Add a few motivational songs on your playlist and you’re sure to get pumped up. When you get to the motivational songs on your playlist, you won’t be able to sit still and will definitely feel like going for a walk or a workout. You don’t even need to go out on the streets or a gym to exercise. GrabOnRent provides fitness equipments on rent basis, so you can just rent a treadmill, air rower, or an exercise bike and work out right from your home.
4. Exercising is not the only way to reach your goal of 30 minutes of daily activity. Doing chores is also a great way to complete your workout. Washing dishes, cleaning your room, washing clothes, walking the dog, taking out the trash, and other homely chores can also help you stay fit. Now if you think this is ridiculous, just think about the women in villages who don’t go out of the home and still stay extremely fit.
5. We all need a little push to get out of our lazy lifestyles. Companies like Zoomcar and Yulu have taken the initiative of giving us that push. Both these companies provide cycles on rent at an extremely low rate, so grab one and head out on a short trip. Swimming, and playing outdoor sports are also great ways to exercise.
I hope this article has got you ready to start exercising. Just remember, that all body movements can be considered as exercise. So count gardening, scrubbing the bathtub, chasing your kids around, etc as exercise too. A brisk walk 1–2.5 hours a week lowers the risk of death by 25%. Exercising also increases the production of cells in the brain.
Have your own tricks or any thoughts? I’d love to hear them. Do comment below!
PS: GrabOnRent provides fitness equipment on rent. Winter and New Year is coming, so don’t wait to make new year resolutions. GrabOnRent has a new offer that will blow your mind. Rent now, break a sweat and stay healthy. 🙂
Content Writer at GrabOnRent. I am a fellow blogger passionate about travel, art, technology, conspiracy, horror, and lifestyle stories. A writer by day and reader by night. Like my blogs, read more @ https://ajakashjainlive.wixsite.com/stumbled and follow me @IStumbledHere on twitter, and @ijuststumbledhere on Instagram.